Deep in our hearts a memory is kept,
of one we loved and shall never forget.
let your Servant Fr. Everaldo dos Santos,
who has fallen asleep in Christ,
may rejoice to rise again through him.
Today is a special day for us Xaverian Missionaries: it is our Founder’s day. On this occasion, three of our brothers (Justin, Adolph and Javier) will consecrate their lives forever to God for the mission in our family. We have asked them some questions. Yustinus Hibur (from Indonesia) How important …
World Mission Sunday 2015
St. Francis Xavier Parish / Diocese of Novaliches
Message of Pope Francis
Bro. Yustinus, sx “Community is like a large mosaic. Each little piece seems so insignificant. One piece is bright red, another cold blue or dull green, another warm purple, another sharp yellow, another shinning gold. Some look precious, others ordinary. Some look valuable, others worthless. Some look gaudy, others delicate. …
MANILA, January 16, 2015. – On his second day of his visit to the Philippines, Pope Francis delivered his first public speech to President Benigno Aquino III and other Filipino authorities in Malacañang Palace. After President Aquino’s speech, he gave thanks for his welcoming and pointed out some reasons for his visit, which has been done for pastoral purposes:
- The preparation for the 500th anniversary of the first evangelization to the Philippines
- To express his closeness to the victims of natural disaster in Layte
- To encourage the Filipino authorities of building a nation on a modern society confronted by ethical and political challenges, in especial way, their duty of “hear the voice of the poor”
- To meet the Families and the youth, promoting respect for human dignity, freedom, and life
- Finally, the important Filipino role among countries of Asia